This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I ask? Yamaha Electone B-121R

Hello, my aunt is moving and wants to sell her Organ. I will be trying to list it for her online.

It's a Yamaha Electone B-121R. They say it's 50 years old. Great condition. Is it worth anything? What should I ask for it?

Probably closer to 30 or 40 years old. Honestly most spinets aren't worth much. If everything works, fifty, a hundred bucks? I see them for free on the local craigslist pretty often.

Comment

Sorry to have to tell you that the true market value is zero. It is indeed very nearly 50 years old, as it's a B12R from 1970.

It looks good in that wood console (most Yamahas from that era have a thin paper veneer) and outwardly is in excellent condition, having been well cared for! However, some of its electrical components will have deteriorated over time so it would need some work. The cost of that would outweigh any value.

The simple fact is that in today's almost non-existent market organs much bigger, better and less than half that age are being given away or sold for pennies, so if you can get $10 - $20 for it you'll be doing well.
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thank you so much! I will share these responses with my aunt. At least they know from people who know organs it's not worth anything!

Comment

Working...
        X