F-16 v11 Update v2.0.2

Voidhawk9

Version 2.0.2
HUD elements 'bleed' fixed (Thanks to Exploration Out Industries)
New weapons MFD 'touch-screen' for easier weapons selection and operation.

Version 2.0.1
New release for X-plane 11.30+

2.0.2.jpg

• Like 1

" New weapons MFD screen for easier weapons selection and operation "

Where could we see more details about, please ?

And one more think : can i disable somehow, the alert sounds ?

" Landing gear " etc etc etc

I fly at 3000 ft, 250 kn, and is very annoiyng to hear this 20 times ....

Thank you

Edited by Blue_X
  • Like 1

Just bought this plane and am very impressed - I fly solely in VR with an Oculus Rift and the virtual cockpit looks very good in VR. Looking forward to digging in to the controls but so far it handles and flies extremely well. I've flown a freeware F-22 for the past month or so and appreciate the roominess of that cockpit vs the F-16 - this is one snug little plane!

6 hours ago, Blue_X said:

" New weapons MFD screen for easier weapons selection and operation "

Where could we see more details about, please ?

And one more think : can i disable somehow, the alert sounds ?

" Landing gear " etc etc etc

I fly at 3000 ft, 250 kn, and is very annoiyng to hear this 20 times ....

Thank you

Weapons MFD details are in the manual.

The gear warner does not operate in the circumstance you quote. Do you have a plugin causing this, perhaps?

3 hours ago, SamXplane said:

How do you get the Autopilot to fly the Legs route on the CDU?  I've tried every thing I can think of.  Anyone?

The F-16 does not have an autopilot mode for this. It is a fighter, not an airliner. ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Voidhawk9 said:

Weapons MFD details are in the manual.

The gear warner does not operate in the circumstance you quote. Do you have a plugin causing this, perhaps?

No, i don't have a plugin causing this 

Anyway, i have one more question, please :  after i select some missiles, for example 2 x Sidewinder and 2 x AMRAAM, after everything is loaded, and I'm flying, i do have the standard weapons preset, and I have to select again the missiles I want

They should remain as they are, even after I close / reopen the game 

Edited by Blue_X

13 hours ago, Blue_X said:

Anyway, i have one more question, please :  after i select some missiles, for example 2 x Sidewinder and 2 x AMRAAM, after everything is loaded, and I'm flying, i do have the standard weapons preset, and I have to select again the missiles I want

They should remain as they are, even after I close / reopen the game

There is no custom logic, this is all controlled by X-plane itself.

Looking at the HUD. I am still disappointed with it. I would really welcome if it could be adjusted more to the real one, while in navigation mode. I am OK with having one real mode ;)

F16C_nav_mode.jpg

Edited by MartinMu
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Blue_X said:

I'd like to touch those settings, but I'm not sure what to do 

Where exactly is this option located, inside the Plane Maker? 

Standard / Systems. The point was to illustrate that the warner will not activate in the circumstances you described unless something outside of the F-16 is interfering.

11 hours ago, MartinMu said:

Looking at the HUD. I am still disappointed with it. I would really welcome if it could be adjusted more to the real one, while in navigation mode. I am OK with having one real mode ;)

Sorry, there are no plans to develop a new HUD at this time.

Just bought this plane today.  Fun to fly!  And great FPS!  Only problem I'm having so far is every time I fire a missile, no matter how far away the target, when the missile hits it, suddenly my plane catches fire and dies as if the missile somehow struck me.  Anyone else experiencing this?  It's like some weird bug that mistakes the missile's impact as a direct hit on me...again, even when the actual impact happened miles away.    

X-plane isn't a combat sim, so functions like that tend to be less than perfect, unfortunately. I haven't experienced that exactly, yet!

5 hours ago, Al Toid said:

Just bought this plane today.  Fun to fly!  And great FPS!  Only problem I'm having so far is every time I fire a missile, no matter how far away the target, when the missile hits it, suddenly my plane catches fire and dies as if the missile somehow struck me.  Anyone else experiencing this?  It's like some weird bug that mistakes the missile's impact as a direct hit on me...again, even when the actual impact happened miles away.    

If you are using combat and choose an enemy aircraft that has weapons, then my guess is you are also hearing a fast and some what soft-repeating tone right before you blow up?  If so, that means the other jet has fired on you, and when you blow up, it is because it hit you with a missile.  Missiles are incredibly hard to evade in X-Plane combat mode.  Just as Voidhawk9 mentioned, this isn't a combat simulator, therefore the AI combat is going to be... rather interesting.  So to recap, my suspicion is that you are getting shot down by the enemy.  Or, there is a bug and you should file it with Laminar Research since you appear to be the only one reporting the issue. 

Additionally, if you haven't already, it would probably be helpful to find and study, tried and true combat maneuvers, for the plane you are flying...

Edited by Exploration Out Industries

6 hours ago, Exploration Out Industries said:

If you are using combat and choose an enemy aircraft that has weapons, then my guess is you are also hearing a fast and some what soft-repeating tone right before you blow up?  If so, that means the other jet has fired on you, and when you blow up, it is because it hit you with a missile.  Missiles are incredibly hard to evade in X-Plane combat mode.  Just as Voidhawk9 mentioned, this isn't a combat simulator, therefore the AI combat is going to be... rather interesting.  So to recap, my suspicion is that you are getting shot down by the enemy.  Or, there is a bug and you should file it with Laminar Research since you appear to be the only one reporting the issue. 

Additionally, if you haven't already, it would probably be helpful to find and study, tried and true combat maneuvers, for the plane you are flying...

Cool thank you.  I have combat mode disabled essentially (no enemy planes in the air)...was just testing out the weapons on the plane, firing into a distant mountain for example.  Never expect X-Plane to be a combat sim...just would enjoy shooting off a missile now and then without blowing up for no apparent reason:)

I'll test with other planes later and see if it is isolated to this one or not, which is something I realized I hadn't done before posting last night.  Thanks guys!

No new 'official' liveries are planned, but all the v10 liveries available in the downloads section of the forums are compatible!

I am having trouble with this aircraft. Whenever I am landing and deploy the airbrakes the plane will tilt to the side once on the runway.  I am have spent hundreds of hours watching F-16's land and take off.  Although, I am not an F-16 pilot, I know this is nowhere near accurate.  I also noticed that the yaw damper does not work correctly as well.  It pretty much does the same thing as the air brakes when activated/deactivated.  Just activate it and then look at the chase view while on the runway, and you will see what I mean.

Other than these minor things, so far I love this version of the aircraft.  Please correct these discrepancies, or inform me how to correct them, so I can land the F-16 without any problems.

Please note, I have been flying Xplane for 12 years and am an extremely experienced at this simulation.  We are talking 2 to 3 hours just about every day for that time period.  

Thank you in advance for fixing the problems noted above, and keep up the great work.

• hmm. ok :) 1

2 hours ago, problemchild said:

I am having trouble with this aircraft. Whenever I am landing and deploy the airbrakes the plane will tilt to the side once on the runway. ...

I also noticed that the yaw damper does not work correctly as well.  It pretty much does the same thing as the air brakes when activated/deactivated.  Just activate it and then look at the chase view while on the runway, and you will see what I mean.

I do not see this at all. The yaw damper works fine, and the airbrakes have no asymmetric effect either.

No problem here with the airbrake or the yaw damper.

If you choose the chase view and turn the plane side to side you see the tail ruder working and compensating. And with the yaw dumper OFF the rudder stay still. 

In the weapons use and the plane crashing: yes it happens even when firing to the ground. No back fire and missile evade BS. 😒

If you are close to the detonations the aircraft will crash in the air. This is usual, but in this model is worst. Even at 1000ft the plane crash. The freeware Typhoon don't have this problem.

This plane to a payware is weak. No radar or something visual like it, no cool HUD, no texture normal map.

Take that freeware Typhoon for reference.. you will see that $25 is too much for what's offered in this F16.

Hope for same update/upgrade.

Edited by batrakiu
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2019 at 3:57 PM, SamXplane said:

How do you get the Autopilot to fly the Legs route on the CDU?  I've tried every thing I can think of.  Anyone?28lqfb4.jpg8xr5p2.jpg

To use the flight computer is the usual setting:

Autopilot - ON

FD - AUTO

Autopilot engage - LOC

HSI source - GPS

I bought the plane today, still trying to find out how to turn on the cockpit lights, i know the manual says about those 3  botoms, but i have try to click in all the possible way cant get it to work, the another is the sound, is there any chances to get a better sound, i mean from inside the engines sounds like a cesna ... well not that extreme :) but someting in that way

//Gustavo

• Haha 1